To make you aware, there has been a new support scheme introduced in Northern Ireland for individuals who are newly self-employed from 6 April 2019 to 5 April 2020.
The grant available will be a one off taxable payment of £3,500.
The basic rules are:-
• Commenced trading as self-employed between 6 April 2019 and 5 April 2020;
• Trading at 1 March 2020;
• Temporarily unable to trade or trading but impacted by reduced demand;
• 50% of income is from self-employment;
• 2019/20 trading profits were less than £50,000
• Experienced at least a 40% decline in trading profits between 1 March 2020 and 30 November 2020;
• Intend to continue to trade.
The scheme is being administered by Invest NI and will open at 6pm today.
Further details can be found here: Newly Self-Employed Support Scheme
- Basis Period Reform 9 May 2023
- VAT Penalty Regime 21 March 2023
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax 17 October 2022
- McAleer Jackson Chartered Accountants announces new Director 28 June 2022